This tour is currently not available due to vineyard operational changes relating to COVID-19 restrictions
Sparkling Pipers Wine Tour Tasmania
Wine Tour Tasmania – Cruisey day out in the Sparkling Tasmania Wine Region
Wine tour Tasmania – The Pipers River region in north east Tasmania is the premier wine-producing country in Tasmania, but wine isn’t all that the region has to offer. The diverse landscapes compliment visits to the vineyard cellar doors, perfect for a day out.
The Pipers River and nearby Pipers Brook rural areas are renowned as one of the best and most famous wine-growing districts and remains an important viticulture region of Tasmania in terms of quality and output. It produces about 30% of Tasmania’s wine. With a climate close to that of Champagne in France, this region is known simply as ‘Sparkling Tasmania’. Many of Tasmania’s premium sparkling wines originate here. It is particularly suited to the aromatic white varieties.
The Vineyards – Platter lunch & glass of wine inclusive
* Clover Hill – Clover Hill is one of Australia’s very few premium sparkling houses solely producing sparkling wines in the traditional method. With the intention to produce a refined sparkling wine to rival that of great Champagne houses,
* Jansz Tasmania – Jansz Tasmania Wine Room offers visitors the opportunity to find out why Tasmanian sparkling is among the best in the world while being guided through a tasting of the Jansz Tasmania range
* Delamere Vineyard – Nestled amongst the cool maritime slopes of Pipers River, Delamere’s Shane & Fran’s philosophy is to produce wines that reflect the climate, ancient soils and unique location. As one of Tasmania’s longest running family operated wine estates, they focus on producing distinguished sparkling and still wines from the Pinot Noir and Chardonnay varieties.
* Bay of Fires Vineyard – Where the craft of the vignerons and the art of the winemaker work hand-in-hand to create some of Australia’s finest table and sparkling wines. Lunch will be a Tasmanian tasting platter and Bay of Fires Pizza
* After lunch we continue our sparkling wine journey and visit another vineyard or some general sightseeing
Produce Review May 2019Download Brochure